Sunday 14 April 2019

Basic of eee Ohm's law

Ohm's Law

Ohm's law shows a linear relationship between the voltage and the current in an electrical circuit.



Ohm's law formula

The resistor's current I in amps (A) is equal to the resistor's voltage V in volts (V) divided by the resistance R in ohms (Ω):
V is the voltage drop of the resistor, measured in Volts (V). In some cases Ohm's law uses the letter E to represent voltage. Edenotes electromotive force.
I is the electrical current flowing through the resistor, measured in  Amperes (A)
R is the resistance of the resistor, measured in Ohms (Ω)

Voltage calculation

When we know the current and resistance, we can calculate the voltage.
The voltage V in volts (V) is equal to the to the current I in amps (A) times the resistance R in ohms (Ω):
V=I\times R

Resistance calculation

When we know the voltage and the current, we can calculate the resistance.
The resistance R in ohms (Ω) is equal to the voltage V in volts (V) divided by the current I in amps (A):
R=\frac{V}{I}
Since the current is set by the values of the voltage and resistance, the Ohm's law formula can show that:
  • If we increase the voltage, the current will increase.
  • If we increase the resistance, the current will reduce.

Example #1

Find the current of an electrical circuit that has resistance of 50 Ohms and voltage supply of 5 Volts.
Solution:
V = 5V
R = 50Ω
I = V / R = 5V / 50Ω = 0.1A = 100mA

Example #2

Find the resistance of an electrical circuit that has voltage supply of 10 Volts and current of 5mA.
Solution:
V = 10V
I = 5mA = 0.005A
R = V / I = 10V / 0.005A = 2000Ω = 2kΩ

Ohm's Law for AC Circuit

The load's current I in amps (A) is equal to the load's voltage VZ=V in volts (V) divided by the impedance Z in ohms (Ω):
V is the voltage drop on the load, measured in Volts (V)
I is the electrical current, measured in Amps (A)
Z is the impedance of the load, measured in Ohms (Ω)

Example #3

Find the current of an AC circuit, that has voltage supply of 110V∟70° and load of 0.5kΩ∟20°.
Solution:
V = 110V∟70°
Z = 0.5kΩ∟20° = 500Ω∟20°
I = V / = 110V∟70° / 500Ω∟20° = (110V / 500Ω) ∟ (70°-20°) = 0.22A ∟50°

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advantages of 3 Phase Over Single Phase System

Advantages of 3 Phase Over Single Phase System The three-phase system has three live conductors which supply the 440V to the large consu...